Russ Lynn Lecture Series:
Faculty Advisor: Thomas Pallaria DNP, CRNA/APN
Topic: Education of Anesthesia Providers on Passive Release Technique to Reduce Endotracheal Cuff Overinflation
Wilson Eshun BSN, RRNA, RN, CCRN
Judy Tan BSN, RRNA, RN, CCRN
- Understand the best practice in endotracheal cuff inflation
- Describe the passive release technique in endotracheal cuff pressure inflation
Topic: Antibiotic Stewardship in the Surgical Patient: Implementing an evidenced-based algorithm to decrease administration of broad-spectrum antibiotics in patients with a beta-lactam allergy.
Michael Danila, BSN, RRNA, RN, CCRN
Brian Jernick, BSN, RRNA, RN, CCRN
- Verbalize implications of appropriate antibiotic selection in the surgical patient.
- Identify the need for increased antimicrobial stewardship in the surgical patient with a documented beta-lactam allergy.
Topic: CRNA Burnout Post COVID-19
Melissa Casielles BSN, RRNA, RN, CCRN
Lauren Quinn BSN, RRNA, RN, CCRN
- Describe common sources and risk factors Of burnout for CRNAs.
- Understand the set of recommendations to help mitigate burnout.