ADVOCACY (noun) – public support for or recommendation of a particular cause or policy
NJANA is extremely active in the realm of advocacy, fighting for the rights of our members to preserve our ability to practice in New Jersey, and working in conjunction with the AANA on national issues.
Our advocacy efforts include visiting with and educating lawmakers, providing clear and helpful information about anesthesia issues to the public, and organizing grassroots responses and letter-writing campaigns to encourage lawmakers to take action.
We also use Voter Voice to help our members quicly and easily connect with lawmakers on pending legislation to ensure that every one of you has a chance to be heard on local, state and national level issues. Click here to visit our Voter Voice Campaigns.
From time to time we will also survey our members to see how particular issues are impacting their lives and the ability to practice to help us formulate strategies for advocacy efforts. If you would like to become part of our advocacy corps please fill out the form at the bottom of the page.
Here are some of the top issues NJANA is currently addressing:
NEW JERSEY ADVOCACY ISSUES
- April 2020 – Governor’s Executive Order Temporarily Lifting JP in NJ
- Pending Legislation to remove Joint Protocol in NJ “Consumer Access to Healthcare Act ” A-1760
- Pending Legislation on the classification of Independent Contracors S-863
FEDERAL ADVOCACY ISSUES
- 116th Congress Agenda – Summary of Federal Issues – 2020 MYA Leg Issues One Pager
- Helping Patients and Protecting CRNAs During COVID- MYA COVID 2020
- Ensure Veterans Access to High Quality Care – MYA VA Full Practice Authority 2020
- Reducing Barriers to Practice and Creating Cost Savings – MYA Reducing Barriers 2020
- Protect Access to Rural Anesthesia Services – MYA Rural Anesthesia 2020
- Preventing Surprise Medical – MYA Surprise Billing 2020
LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD
Call To Action Campaigns
Workforce Survey (NJ)
Please take a minute to fill out this NJANA Workforce Survey to help us better asses how the COVID-19 Panedemic has impacted your job and your workplace. Click here take the survey.
Nurse Workforce Protection Act (National)
AANA is asking members to write letters to ask your local representatives to co-sponsor the “Nurse Workforce Protection Act” to help protecting CRNA’s and other nurses facing furloughs and layoffs. Click here to learn more.